Solidarity and Afriforum vs Minister of Health and 16 Others
During January 2021, the Minister of Health (second Respondent) announced the details of South Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-out Strategy. It provided that the “South African government will be the sole purchaser of vaccines for the country” and that various government-appointed structures will oversee the allocation and roll-out of the vaccines.
Solidarity and Afriforum (the Applicants) challenged government’s strategy and asked the court to remove any restrictions so that the private sector, medical schemes, other institutions and provincial governments can ‘buy, distribute or administer vaccines independently from the national government’.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
- Solidarity’s Urgent Application (27 January 2021)
- HJI’s Application for Admission as an Amicus Curiae (18 February 2021)
- Expert Affidavit of Leslie London (18 February 2021)
- Expert Affidavit of Dr Mofokeng (18 February 2021)
- The First and Second Respondent’s Answering Affidavit (22 February 2021)
- Fourth Respondent’s Answering Affidavit (23 February 2021)
- HJI Press Release (22 February 2021)
- HJI and Open Secrets Press Release (3 March 2021)