Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
This was the first Covid-19 related case of excessive pricing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be referred to the Competition Tribunal. The Tribunal found Babelegi guilty of excessive pricing on face masks and issued a fine of R76 000, which was taken on appeal to the CAC. In this appeal, Open Secrets (OS) and the Health Justice Initiative (HJI) sought permission and were jointly admitted as amici. The South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) was also admitted as a separate amicus in this appeal.
- Open Secrets’ Confirmatory Affidavit
- Notice Of Motion
- Filing Sheet (27 August 2020)
- Filing Sheet (1 September 2020)
- HJI and Open Secret’s founding Affidavit
- Respondent’s Heads Of Argument
- Heads Of Argument of the South African Human Rights Commission
- Heads Of Argument in response to the submissions of the first, second and third amici
- BABELEGI Heads Of Argument
- HJI and Open Secrets’ Press Release (19 November 2020)